Certificate of Incorporation : View Certificate
SCFC Staff, Officers and Members:
Suzanne Loughlin – Chairperson
Ed Sykes – Vice-Chairman and CEO
Carol Roig – Secretary
Howard Siegel – Treasurer and CFO
Scott Smith – Assistant Treasurer
Paul Guenther – Member
Sean Brooks – Member
Philip Vallone – Member
John Kiefer – Chief Executive Officer
Jennifer Flad – Executive Director
Julio Garaicoechea – Project Manager
Bethanii Padu – Economic Development Coordinator
Board of Directors Biographies:
• Suzanne Loughlin – Chairperson of the SCFC. Ms. Loughlin is EVP and Chief Administrative Officer of Firestorm Solutions, LLC, a national consulting firm specializing in Crisis Management, Threat Assessment, Business Continuity Planning, and Critical Decision Support. Ms. Loughlin is also a licensed attorney in the State of New York, and serves as a director on several non-profit boards, including Hudson Valley Pattern for Progress and the Sullivan County Partnership for Economic Development. Appointed on November 23, 2011, by sole appointing member of the Corporation, the Sullivan County Manager, through the Funding Corporation’s Corporate Organizational Resolution No. 1-11. Reappointed effective January 1, 2020 and again effective January 1, 2023. Current term expires 12/31/2025.
• Edward Sykes – Vice Chairman of the SCFC. Edward T. Sykes resides in Callicoon, NY, and owned Mike Preis Inc. for 25 years and serves on the board of directors of First National Bank of Jeffersonville and the Callicoon Cooperative Insurance Co. Mr. Sykes is currently the Supervisor of the Town of Delaware and President and Chairman of Southern Tier Title Agency. In addition he is a member and past President of the Callicoon Kiwanis Club, retired member of the Callicoon Vol. Fire Department, and founding member of the Callicoon Business Association. Mr. Sykes served on the SCFC Board of Directors from 2011 to April 2016, then resigned from the Board to serve as Executive Director through December 2016. Effective January 1, 2017, he was appointed by sole appointing member of the Corporation, the Sullivan County Manager, through the Funding Corporation’s Corporate Organizational Resolution No. 1-11, to fill the unexpired term of Charlie Barbuti, which expired December 31, 2017. Mr. Sykes was reappointed on 12/21/17 for a term expiring 12/31/20. Reappointed effective 1/1/21. Current term expires 12/31/23.
• Carol Roig – Secretary of the SCFC. Appointed April 3, 2014, by sole appointing member of the Corporation, the Sullivan County Manager. Ms Roig has worked for more then 25 years as a communication and program specialist in the fields of community development, educational reform, energy policy, health, planning, social services, tourism, and the arts. She joined the staff of the Sullivan Alliance for Sustainable Development in 2011 and was appointed Co-Executive Director in 2013. Ms. Roig completed the unexpired term of Harris Alport expiring 12/31/2017, and was reappointed on 12/21/17 for a term expiring 12/31/20. Reappointed effective 1/1/21. Current term expires 12/31/23.
• Howard Siegel – Treasurer and Chief Financial Officer of the SCFC. Mr. Siegel is currently President and CEO of Irwin Siegel Agency, Inc. Mr. Siegel currently serves as a board member to a new formed Federally Qualified Health Center operating out of the Bronx and as a board member of Management Services Solutions operating out of New York City. Past industrial development experience includes serving as a member on the Town of Thompson Planning Board, the Partnership for Economic Development and as past President of the Monticello Rotary Club. Appointed April 3, 2014, by sole appointing member of the Corporation, the Sullivan County Manager. Reappointed effective January 1, 2020 and again effective January 1, 2023. Current term expires 12/31/2025.
• Scott Smith – Assistant Treasurer of the SCFC. Mr. Smith is the Council Representative for the North Atlantic States Regional Council of Carpenters, United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Appointed December 23, 2015, to fill a vacant unexpired term that expired on December 31, 2017. Mr. Smith was reappointed on 12/21/17 for a term expiring 12/31/20. Reappointed effective 1/1/21. Current term expires 12/31/23.
• Paul Guenther – SCFC Member. Appointed to fill the unexpired term of Steve White to expire December 31, 2015. Mr. Guenther was the former chairman of the New York Philharmonic and Fordham University boards, and retired in 1995 as president of Paine Webber Group. Mr. Guenther currently serves on the boards of Bethel Woods and SUNY Sullivan. Reappointed December 23, 2015, January 1, 2019, and January 1, 2022. Current term expires 12/31/2024.
• Sean Brooks – SCFC Member. Mr. Brooks was appointed effective 4/6/21 to fill a vacant unexpired term which expired 12/31/21. Reappointed effective 1/1/22. Current term expires 12/31/24.
• Philip Vallone – SCFC Member. Mr. Vallone was appointed effective 1/1/22 to fill a vacant unexpired term which will expire 12/31/24.
• John Kiefer – Chief Executive Officer.
• Jennifer Flad – Executive Director. Ms. Flad oversees the SCFC office, monitors and analyzes budget and financial information, coordinates Board meetings, assists the Board in developing SCFC policies and programs, maintains relations with the SCFC’s economic development partners, government agencies, and the public, and ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Prior to coming to the SCFC in June 2013, she worked for the Sullivan County Division of Planning and Environmental Management, focusing on agricultural land use planning and economic development. Jennifer holds a BA in Peace, War and Defense from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and an MA in Social Science from the Environment and Community Program at Humboldt State University in Arcata, CA.
• Julio Garaicoechea – Project Manager, started work with the SCFC on December 7, 2015. Mr. Garaicoechea provides the necessary administrative, budgeting and financial reporting support to enable the SCFC to make responsible and prudent policy and programmatic decisions, and maintains strong working relationships with private stakeholders, elected officials, public agencies, community partner organizations and the business community. Julio holds a MA in Economics from Hunter College in New York City, focusing on the effects of microfinance.
• Bethanii Padu – Ecomonic Developement Coordinator. Ms. Padu assists with the administration of the IDA’s tax abatement programs, loan and lease programs, grant programs, and maintains relationships with the agency’s Board, project representatives, and other stakeholders. Prior to joining the IDA in 2023, Ms. Padu was in commercial banking industry for three years. Bethanii holds a BA in Finance from Georgia State University.
SCFC Legal and Accounting Services Providers:
Counsel – Walter F. Garigliano P.C.
Auditor – Cooper Arias , LLP
Bond Counsel – Harris Beach PLLC
“This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.” If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all the information requested in the form. Send your completed compliant form or letter to the USDA by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202)690-7442 or email at email@example.com.