Certificate of Incorporation : View Certificate
Agency Officers and Members:
Jen Flad – Executive Director
Julio Garaicoechea – Project Manager
Cassandra Egan – Administrative Assistant
Edward Sykes – Chief Executive Officer
Ira Steingart – Chairman
Suzanne Loughlin – Vice-Chair
Howard Siegel – Treasurer and CFO
Scott Smith – Assistant Treasurer
Sean Rieber – Secretary
Ed Sykes – Assistant Secretary
Carol Roig – Member
Paul Guenther – Member
Joseph Perrello – Member
Sullivan County Funding Corporation Agency Officers and Members:
• Jen Flad – Executive Director for the Sullivan County Funding Corp. since June 2013. Prior to coming to the IDA and Funding Corp, she worked for the Sullivan County Division of Planning and Environmental Management, focusing on agricultural land use planning and economic development. Jen holds a BA in Peace, War and Defense from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and an MA in Social Science from the Environment and Community Program at Humboldt State University in Arcata, CA.
• Edward Sykes, CEO of Agency. Mr. Sykes was appointed Senior Project Manager effective February 1, 2017. Prior to this appointment, he served as the Agency’s Executive Director from April through December 2016. In addition to his work as Senior Project Manager, Mr. Sykes also serves on the Board of Directors.
• Julio Garaicoechea, Project Manager, started work with the SCFC on December 7, 2015. Mr. Garaicoechea provides the necessary administrative, budgeting and financial reporting support to enable the SCFC to make responsible and prudent policy and programmatic decisions, and maintains strong working relationships with private stakeholders, elected officials, public agencies, community partner organizations and the business community.
• Cassandra Egan, Administrative Assistant. Mrs. Egan is new to the IDA starting in
February of 2018. Prior to coming to the IDA she worked with Bethel Woods Center for
the Arts Education Department heading the Project: Identity Photography class and an
after-school Teen art program titled Sessions, which brought art and community together
and resulted in an update of the downtown mural in Liberty on Main Street. Cassandra
holds two Bachelor of Science degrees in Early Childhood Education and Childhood
Education from The State University of New York at Cortland and is a Notary Public with
the State of New York.
• Ira Steingart – Ira Steingart, Chairman of the SCFC. Mr. Steingart is the Sullivan County Legislator from District 8. Appointed on April 17, 2012, by sole appointing member of the Corporation, the Sullivan County Manager. Reappointed December 23, 2015. Term expires 12/31/2018.
• Suzanne Loughlin – Vice Chair of the SCFC. Ms. Loughlin is EVP and Chief Administrative Officer of Firestorm Solutions, LLC, a national consulting firm specializing in Crisis Management, Threat Assessment, Business Continuity Planning, and Critical Decision Support. Ms. Loughlin is also a licensed attorney in the State of New York, and serves as a director on several non-profit boards, including Hudson Valley Pattern for Progress and the Sullivan County Partnership for Economic Development. Appointed on November 23, 2011, by sole appointing member of the Corporation, the Sullivan County Manager, through the Funding Corporation’s Corporate Organizational Resolution No. 1-11. Reappointed effective January 1, 2017. Current term expires 12/31/2019.
• Sean Rieber – Secretary of the SCFC. Mr. Rieber resides in Rock Hill and is the President of Rieber Appraisal & Consulting Group, a regional real estate valuation and consulting firm. Mr. Rieber is a 20 year member and past Chief of the Rock Hill Fire Dept., is a Certified Real Estate Appraiser in NYS and currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Boys and Girls Club of the Town of Wallkill, Pine Bush and Sullivan County. Appointed on 6/12/2012, by sole appointing member of the Corporation, the Sullivan County Manager. Reappointed December 23, 2015. Term expires 12/31/2018.
• Howard Siegel – Treasurer and Chief Financial Officer of the SCFC. Mr. Siegel is currently President and CEO of Irwin Siegel Agency, Inc. Mr. Siegel currently serves as a board member to a new formed Federally Qualified Health Center operating out of the Bronx and as a board member of Management Services Solutions operating out of New York City. Past industrial development experience includes serving as a member on the Town of Thompson Planning Board, the Partnership for Economic Development and as past President of the Monticello Rotary Club. Appointed April 3, 2014, by sole appointing member of the Corporation, the Sullivan County Manager. Reappointed effective January 1, 2017. Current term expires 12/31/2019.
• Edward Sykes – Assistant Secretary of the SCFC. Edward T. Sykes resides in Callicoon, NY, and owned Mike Preis Inc. for 25 years and serves on the board of directors of First National Bank of Jeffersonville and the Callicoon Cooperative Insurance Co. Mr. Sykes is currently the Supervisor of the Town of Delaware and President and Chairman of Southern Tier Title Agency. In addition he is a member and past President of the Callicoon Kiwanis Club, retired member of the Callicoon Vol. Fire Department, and founding member of the Callicoon Business Association. Mr. Sykes served on the SCFC Board of Directors from 2011 to April 2016, then resigned from the Board to serve as Executive Director through December 2016. Effective January 1, 2017, he was appointed by sole appointing member of the Corporation, the Sullivan County Manager, through the Funding Corporation’s Corporate Organizational Resolution No. 1-11, to fill the unexpired term of Charlie Barbuti, which expires December 31, 2017.
• Scott Smith – Assistant Treasurer of the SCFC. Appointed December 23, 2015, to fill a vacant unexpired term that will expire on December 31, 2017.
• Carol Roig – SCFC Member. Appointed April 3, 2014, by sole appointing member of the Corporation, the Sullivan County Manager. Ms Roig has worked for more then 25 years as a communication and program specialist in the fields of community development, educational reform, energy policy, health, planning, social services, tourism, and the arts. She joined the staff of the Sullivan Alliance for Sustainable Development in 2011 and was appointed Co-Executive Director in 2013. Is completing the unexpired term of Harris Alport with term expiring 12/31/2017.
• Paul Guenther – SCFC Member. Appointed to fill the unexpired term of Steve White to expire December 31, 2015. Mr. Guenther was the former chairman of the New York Philharmonic and Fordham University boards, and retired in 1995 as president of Paine Webber Group. Mr. Guenther currently serves on the boards of Bethel Woods and SUNY Sullivan. Reappointed December 23, 2015. Term expires 12/31/2018.
• Joseph Perrello – SCFC Member. Mr. Perrello is the Sullivan County Legislator representing District 7. Appointed to fill the unexpired term of Ed Sykes to expire December 31, 2016. Reappointed effective January 1, 2017. Current term expires 12/31/2019.
Organizational Chart of Agency
Chairman and Board of the Sullivan County Funding Corporation
Chief Executive Officer:
Counsel – Walter Garigliano Law Offices
CPA and Auditor – Cooper Arias, LLP
Bond Counsel – Harris Beach PLLC
“This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.” If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all the information requested in the form. Send your completed compliant form or letter to the USDA by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202)690-7442 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.